ABOUT US - AGE OF EAGLES 2d EDITION
Age of Eagles and Age of Eagles 2d Edition is the second volume of the L' Armee Francaise series of miniature wargaming rules and is the only officially sanctioned Napoleonic variant of Richard Hasenauer's popular Fire & Fury American Civil War rules. Developed over a span of five years, the end product is the result of hundreds of playtests and the comments of literally thousands of gamers from the rules' supporting Yahoo Group.
Future expansion volumes will cover the Lace Wars to include the War of Spanish Succession, the War of Austrian Succession and the Seven Years Wars, as well as volume on the hiphonated wars of the late 19th Century, such as the Franco-Prussian War, Austro-Prussian War, the Italian Resorgimento and the Crimean War. We will also have a series of scenario books to cover such topics as the Befreiungskrieg 1813 and Napoleon's war in Spain.
This is truly the miniatures game you and many others have been waiting for. Huge battles are now possible with a system that balances both realism and playability. To quote Rich Hassenauer, elegance personified.
While sales happen from time to time, suggested retail price is $ 30.00 US with product particulars as follows:
Age of Eagles 2d Edition.
Everything from AOE 1st plus . . .
This is the second edition of the original rules, with glossy colors, BW interiors. Same length as the original with no change in retail pricing ($ 30 US) though some costs have squeaked up and I went for a heavier weight paper on the inside. Spiral bound.
This is not a revolutionary, but an evolutionary 2d edition and will accomplishing the following:
- All grammar, vocabulary and spelling errors corrected.
- Interpretations of rules integrated into the actual text of the document.
- Rules changes, from both me and my 3000 + person Yahoo Group added and integrated into the text of the book.
- New rules and data charts, from both me and the Yahoo Group added and integrated into the text of the document.
- New army lists and generals, to include an all new Ottoman army chart and a slew of Spanish generals.
- Changes are identified by underlined text.
- Check out some sample pages by clicking here to go to a shared OneDrive folder.
Age of Eagles 1st Edition.
- Fully integrated into the original Fire & Fury rules set to produce a completely new, stand-alone product covering the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars.
- Rules clarifications and official modifications from the original ACW set integrated into the rules.
- Brigade level with each stand of figures representing 360 infantry, 180 cavalry, a single battery of guns with one inch equal to 120 yards and each turn 30 minutes of historical time - this is a big battle game where you control divisions, not battalions.
- Irregular forces, skirmishers, massed artillery, national doctrine and army level command-control all covered effectively and simply.
- Some 96 pages long in addition to a two-page tables and charts sheet. The actual rules weigh in at 55 pages, bibliography 2 pages, scenarios 20 pages, Commanders and Leaders Data Charts 3 pages, Unit Data Charts 9 pages.
- Spiral bound with full color front and back cover, black and white interior with artwork by the incomparable Edouard Detaille.
- Graphics, tables and charts by original Fire & Fury author Richard Hasenauer, based on his original artwork as used in Fire & Fury and other fine systems.
- Free periodic updates include corrections, clarifications and optional rules to enhance your enjoyment of the game.
- Peruse sample pages of the book's interior posted below, and note the map graphics drawn by Mr BOFF. Richard Hasenauer himself.
- Read the review from Germany's Military Miniatures Magazine.
- Check out our new free scenario on the battle of Craonne 1814 that celebrated the release of our first expansion module.